Second Skin Audio

I started a box, looking for tips on what size to finish it at

CorNut

I'm using 3/4" 13 ply baltic birch. If I bring the front all the way to the raised area at 11.5" on the tape measure, I'll gross 5.70757 cu ft after factoring in a double baffle. My plan was to wait for the 15" L7X release but it was delayed until next year. I have a Power Acoustic BAMF 152 I'm wanting to use until Kicker releases the L7X. I'll do a single baffle so it can be modified to accommodate the L7, I'll add the second baffle at that point.

The final sub(s) will be Kicker, which model isn't set in stone but I'd like to try the new L7. The amp has a fixed 25hz subsonic filter so I'll be tuning the enclosure to 33hz regardless. I suck at tuning boxes, is 5.7 gross enough to end around 4 cu ft after sub/port/bracing displacement? I'm guessing the port area on the square sub would need to be larger than a traditional 15, am I right in that assumption? 

It'd be appreciated if I can get help figuring out the port. I'm doing this for my brother in law and he wants to go all Kicker. He has KS fronts and rears on a CXA 360.4, it's in a 68 Chevelle.

20210822_125005.jpg

20210822_131233.jpg

Archived