Second Skin Audio

Suggestions for subwoofer

Jon ah haha

9 minutes ago, Jon ah haha said:

Currently i’m running a jl 10” w7 i got for a steal and to me it sounds great but i want more output. I was looking at a fi neo 3.5 15”. Would that be a big increase in spl and still have good sq compared to the jl? Also please leave your suggestions of other subs i should look at

I went from 4 12" w6's to I'm currently in the process of installing 4 12" FI Q series neo subs (basically the 3.5 before they changed them). I haven't heard them yet to be honest, but the reason I went with them is because people would compare them to the w7.

I loved my w7 when I had it, and I loved my w6's as well, but like you, I just needed more output. 

I've talked to SQ guys, and they've all told me the Q (or in your case, the 3.5) sounds just as good, if not better than the w7, with twice the power handling. 

I don't think you'd be disappointed upgrading to the 3.5, provided your electrical can handle the up in power demand. 

I've also read that B2 subs have a reputation of also having great sound quality, and being precise, though I have no real world experience with them personally. 

Also, keep in mind, sound quality is very subjective. What sounds good to me, might not sound good to you. So, unfortunately, no one can tell you if you will like them. Sometimes, you have to take the plunge. 

Number 1 in getting the sound you want is the enclosure. Any sub in the wrong enclosure will sound like shit. So whatever you end up going with, your enclosure is the most important (only second to your electrical being up to par) 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived