Sonic Electronix

I've had my 18" FI BL installed for a while. RF 1500BD amp pushing it. My alt is stock, and I have a crappy battery. To my surprise they battery and alt get the job done. My headlights dem and stuff though.

My question, Would buying a Optima Yellowtop for under my hood be a good start? To stop the dimming? Would it fit under my hood? I drive a "93 Mustang 2.3 lx. I've always been told to get a new battery before you get a new alt. and if a yellowtop is the thing for me where is the cheapest place to buy one? I know they run about 200 bucks. Thanks for the help in advance :)

I'am a very loyal Stinger user and have been one since 1998.

I highly recommend a Stinger Power2 SP1000 for your car.

It is a very powerful battery with a very small size and can handle abuse very well.

I also run a RF 1501BD witch is the same as the BD1500.

You can get these batteries from Darvex they run about $250 but are worth every penny.

That is my recommendation over the optium those things are only good if you need something fast and cheap and can't get a real deep cycle battery.

I will even take stinger over kinetic in a heart beat.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Do the Big 3 and use the Stinger Power2 SP1000 as your main battery in place of your stock one.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived