Second Skin Audio

Port and Motor Proximity

Just want to run this by anyone who may have more of a clue than me before I pull the trigger and cut holes/seal the box;

Will the orientation of the port and sub in my box present any issues? Namely the motor being so close to the tube? Secondly, any issue with the external port mouth being on the same side/so close to the cone? Not sure why I have these questions, but I just want to make sure.

Skar SVR-15 D2 and an 8" Big Ass Port. Here is a link to the box I designed and am building:

https://subbox.pro/en/b/Ut2DL3fJj

I used Triticum's port calculator to arrive at the 8" port diameter, so big ups to Triticum, thank you. Sub will be powered by a Skar RP-1500.1D.

IMG_20211208_203116(1).jpg

I guess I should add that it's hard to see in that pic, but the motor is not touching the tube, and there will be a 5/16" or so gap between the two for motor ventilation. Also, I suppose my main concern with the configuration is any associated noise, or port noise? I have currently 50² inches of port area, which should keep chuffing pretty low already, so I'm not sure I even have a basis for concern, but I worry too much about everything! Thanks!

Archived