Sonic Electronix

I am looking to spend around 3k-4K on a sound system for my 2018 Toyota Camry SE I would like to only use rockford Fosgate but not that crazy big of a deal. I want everything from a head unit to an amp and everything in between what do y’all suggest.

ps: what would be better 2 P3 12’s or 2 p2 15’s

First step is to measure the space you are willing to give up to bass, and figure out how many cubic feet that is. Then decide if that space is better for 2 higher power 12's, or 2 lower per 15's. 

Which is better, well, that's up to you. Either will sound good as long as you put them in the correct enclosure. I've always been an advocate that the equipment you use isn't nearly as important as putting the subs in the correct sized enclosure (and no, that doesn't mean the manufacturers specifications). 

If you go all Rockford, there's nothing wrong with that. Good equipment with a good reputation, and have been around for a long time. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 5:11 PM, Dafaseles said:

First step is to measure the space you are willing to give up to bass, and figure out how many cubic feet that is. Then decide if that space is better for 2 higher power 12's, or 2 lower per 15's. 

Which is better, well, that's up to you. Either will sound good as long as you put them in the correct enclosure. I've always been an advocate that the equipment you use isn't nearly as important as putting the subs in the correct sized enclosure (and no, that doesn't mean the manufacturers specifications). 

If you go all Rockford, there's nothing wrong with that. Good equipment with a good reputation, and have been around for a long time. 

Thank you what head unit should I go with for  that budget?

28 minutes ago, Dilen said:

Definitely touchscreen I was told by a buddy that with the system I’m looking to get I should get a Head unit that’s around $1100 but idk

More than price, you should look at the output voltage of the RCA's. 5v is ideal, 4v is fine, anything lower, don't bother. 

I've always had good luck with pioneers, but I have heard nothing but good things about the kenwood or alpine decks also. Look on Crutchfield. They have all the specs and functions of all the different head units. See what you want, and make a decision. 

You don't need to spend $1,100 on a head unit of you don't want to. There are plenty of lower priced options. You just have to look and see what you want. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived