Sonic Electronix

I'm not sure where to start but ill explain what my issue is.

so every time i turn the key off to my car it pops loud through the speakers and sub. it will even pop when i switch the key from running to accessory mode. the only way i can get it to not pop is to turn the head unit off manually. the pop does not change with volume of the head unit. everything online says to check the ground which seems to be fine, on a good bare metal surface and tight.

given that this is my first stereo system that i did my self i only know the basics but I'm wondering if there is something that i am missing. 

Thanks in advanced.

5 hours ago, Ninesixxjr said:

I'm not sure where to start but ill explain what my issue is.

so every time i turn the key off to my car it pops loud through the speakers and sub. it will even pop when i switch the key from running to accessory mode. the only way i can get it to not pop is to turn the head unit off manually. the pop does not change with volume of the head unit. everything online says to check the ground which seems to be fine, on a good bare metal surface and tight.

given that this is my first stereo system that i did my self i only know the basics but I'm wondering if there is something that i am missing. 

Thanks in advanced.

Did you check the ground for the head unit itself? Sometimes you'll have to clip that wrote in the harness, and then go ahead and ground it someplace on your firewall because the factory ground isn't sufficient

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived