Second Skin Audio

12" sub recommendation

RachaelM

Hey guys, hope all is well.

Looking for some recommendations on the following 3 subs.

Dc level 3 12"

Incriminator lethal injection 12"

Resilient sounds gold 12"

I got a 1000rms mono and looking to get as nasty as i can with that bassline in a nissan tiida sedan. 

All jokes apart, which will be most efficient and sound best with that power? Its for daily, really want to sound pretty impressive which it. Thinking a 33-35hz tune? Hopefully a ported box design??? 

Many thanksss 

Any of those subwoofers will do exactly what you need it to. It all depends on your enclosure how the subwoofer performs. 

If you want the very most out of your equipment, first off, your electrical support needs to be able to handle the load. 1000 watts isn't a whole lot. Maybe just do the big 3 upgrade, and a high AH (amp hour) AGM battery. That should give you enough. Then have your enclosure designed by someone who knows box design and has computer programs to model the frequency curve. Then build, or have your enclosure built. 

But as far as subs go, I wouldn't hesitate to run any of those

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

9 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Any of those subwoofers will do exactly what you need it to. It all depends on your enclosure how the subwoofer performs. 

If you want the very most out of your equipment, first off, your electrical support needs to be able to handle the load. 1000 watts isn't a whole lot. Maybe just do the big 3 upgrade, and a high AH (amp hour) AGM battery. That should give you enough. Then have your enclosure designed by someone who knows box design and has computer programs to model the frequency curve. Then build, or have your enclosure built. 

But as far as subs go, I wouldn't hesitate to run any of those

Nice. My electrical seems solid. I got a 140amp, with the biggest agm i could have fit in the engine bay, i also did the big 3

5 hours ago, RachaelM said:

Nice. My electrical seems solid. I got a 140amp, with the biggest agm i could have fit in the engine bay, i also did the big 3

Sounds like you're ready to go! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived