Please bear in mind that the 2 cubic feet sealed suggestion is for sounding nice and flat, if you want to get loud with this sub you need to do something different but I would need the full manual with the complete parameter set. and other infos like your car, amp, music you play etc.

Thank you Joe for the assistance. Unfortunately that's all the specs that came with the subwoofer build sheet. I check the website and same issue.

We build a 3 cub net volume box tuned to 32 hz and the lows were amazing but higher frequencies were non-existent 😔. LPF set at about 100hz and subsonic filter to about 25hz.

I shortened the port which increased playing volume to around 3.37 cubs and tuning to around 38 hz which is more musical but nowhere near what was expected. Port area is 48 inch²

Amplifier is between 1500 and 1800rms

Check that there is no bass boost on the amp enabled or any EQ settings on in the head unit or other signal processing, they should be all defeated.

Next close the port completely so that it runs sealed for a test, see if that lets you hear your higher frequencies better, if not the problem is not the box, if yes then there a number of ways to fix it. In that case let me know the model of the vehicle and a few pics of the setup could be helpful.

Archived