Second Skin Audio

Will this enclosure work well?

WalterCat

Hi folks, new member here and just getting back into car audio after a decade long hiatus. Quick question here if I may. I'm planning out the system for my 97 Accord. So far I've got a Sundown U10 D2 and a Sundown SFB2000D to run it. I'll be upgrading electrical to a Singer 270, 1/0 wire, XS power D2400, etc.  I'm looking to get a Gately 1 x 10" 1CF box to run this sub in. I know after displacement it will be less than the SA recommended specs but given the additional power my amp can provide will this work out well? I primarily listen to metal with some occasional old school rap and like good tight bass, if that makes any sense. Thanks in advance!

If you mean this:

https://www.gatelyaudio.com/collections/sub-boxes/products/1-x-10-configuration-1-0cf

You would be short on port area, it has a kerf but still not ideal at all.

Check out the one in the Sundown site, that is more like it.

If you don't like the form factor I can provide you a cutsheet on the form factor you prefer.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen! 
I guess I’m a little stuck on the gately boxes lol. 
what sort of issues might I run into with being short the two square inches in port area? Port noise?

Thanks for all your help here, it’s been a long time since I’ve built a system like this and even when I used to I never really got concerned with this type thing. 

The box on sundown's site offers a more realistic take on the port area needed, it's 22 square inches and 1.2 cubic feet net, since the sub has a massive driver displacement of 0.21 you get 1 cubic feet net once the sub is installed.

On that box you would be running the sub at 0.79 net and low port area, that will cost you some low end and output at tuning, being the box in the trunk you would probably not notice the port noise if it happens. My guess is that it will probably be disappointing with rap.

Archived