Second Skin Audio

Recommendations on a particular 15-inch subwoofer enclosure

danielmax

Hi guys, recently I have designed a particular 15-inch subwoofer enclosure. The reason is to make it possible to fit in the trunk. Take a look to the pictures please. I am concerned about two things:

1) at the exit of the port there is a turning point. Can it generate air turbolences?

2) the position of the internal entrance of the port matters?

Thank you very much, I will appreciate any suggestion.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

10 hours ago, Joe X said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the port done like that as long as you round all the sharp edges.

That is a great advice, thank you.

I have another question, if you can. The second panel on the top is really necessary? The sub is near the walls and supported with good bracing...

Thank you again

Your baffle should ideally be completely steady with the sub or subs playing at full tilt. You can usually skip the double layer baffle in smaller boxes and lower power not too heavy subs like a SA-12 for example. A few experiments with a box should be enough to decide if adding a second layer or not.

2 hours ago, Joe X said:

Your baffle should ideally be completely steady with the sub or subs playing at full tilt. You can usually skip the double layer baffle in smaller boxes and lower power not too heavy subs like a SA-12 for example. A few experiments with a box should be enough to decide if adding a second layer or not.

Ok... I think this isn't my case... My sub is enough heavy... 40kg. Probably removing the second layer is not a good idea. Thank you, have a great day

Archived