Second Skin Audio

Mclaren M8-12D2 Subwoofers

I’ve tried  single boxes with only one sub and did sound little better because the box was bigger but. Still the same. I assume these subs aren’t meant to play higher frequencies like most subs. Maybe they are meant to  paired with miss and highs to set a proper sound stage?… also see the stats of the subs (the frequencies to be exact).  Also thanks for taking the time to find out if my subs were ideal for sealed inclosure and more greatful for finding to cubic feet. I will do the test tones of have time after work. The subs I don’t think are defective on anyways because the bass from these things is so clean and some frequencies feel like have a subwoofer in your chest lol

What makes me believe there is something going on with your particular units is that the manufacturer provided parameters model very similar to other drivers in the same box, here is a comparison with a DC Audio level 3 12 (the yellow plot and yours in red) in the same box size (sealed 1.2 cubic feet) and inside a car:

dcvf.png

As you can see they work very similar.

So to me the real test is trying a different driver in your vehicle and box and see if it fixes the problem you are experiencing or not.

Archived