SPL design

This site is definitley the Shiznit.

As far as learning how to SPL, I would also read up ALOT on math formulas, like 1/4 wave knowledge will help alot, knowing just what freq to tune your car to, and WHY. Not just port it, and hope it sounds good, or Loud. Then learn all the braceing, reinforcing techniques, damping of the walls, box. Check out how Meade did that wall in his Civic, I never seen techniques like that before- He came out sick on that

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

IMO the best way to learn is to jump in and start doing it.  If you screw something up, learn from it and don't do it again.  For box building, try building a basic sealed square box first.  Then do a ported box w/ aeroports & next one with a slot port, etc.  Basically start with some easy stuff and work your way up to the harder jobs.  Good luck. :^

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

thanks again everyone.  yea im kinda trying to help my friend build his box. ya gotta start somewhere right? but thanks for all the help and if you have any more tips im still listening! lol

SMDsigbannr4.jpg

play Moola.com its actually fun and free...

click here to join Money games!

its just games with free money!

• 2 weeks later...