Sonic Electronix

Amplifier not enough Current draw

Then my next suggestion is to test your Grounds.  I'm out of time to do a detailed explanation of how, but you can Google how to find a good grounding point for audio amplifiers.  That should get you some good examples of how to go about testing the quality of your grounds.  Mark on his Caraudiofabrication YouTube channel did an excellent video on this if you can find it.  Though it might have only been a portion of the video so not in the title. 

@marxxclearly something isn't right with your install.  I would start systematically taking it apart and checking Everything.  You have 2 Legs to an Amp Install.  Electrical and Signal (the music).  The Best way to do this is to start at the beginning of each Leg and work back to the Amp.

So for Electrical start at the battery and work back, Signal starts at the Head Unit.  Follow the path of the electrons thru each of those Legs and Question Everything. 

Also  you stated that you 'Tried' multiple ground points in your trunk.  Did you actually run a Continuity Test on them??

Archived