Need help with speaker wattage and amp pairing.

DayV914

I plan on using a taramps 400x4 that works at these specs: @ 13,8 VDC - 2 OHMS - 400 W RMS (4 x 100W RMS)

@ 13,8 VDC - 4 OHMS - 252 W RMS (4 x 63W RMS)

Bridged @ 13,8 VDC - 4 OHMS - 400W RMS (2 x 200W RMS). I plan on wiring 8x midrange speakers that are 50watts rms each parallel to get them down to 2 ohms per channel. My question is if I'm wiring them parallel will I be getting the 100watts the amp gives at 2ohms for the speakers? I just want to know this info for when getting everything setup. I'm still new in the car audio world but have a project in mind I'm working on and would like to know if what I'm saying is correct or if I'm wrong. I'm sorry btw if it doesn't make sense how I worded my question.

2 minutes ago, DayV914 said:

I plan on using a taramps 400x4 that works at these specs: @ 13,8 VDC - 2 OHMS - 400 W RMS (4 x 100W RMS)

@ 13,8 VDC - 4 OHMS - 252 W RMS (4 x 63W RMS)

Bridged @ 13,8 VDC - 4 OHMS - 400W RMS (2 x 200W RMS). I plan on wiring 8x midrange speakers that are 50watts rms each parallel to get them down to 2 ohms per channel. My question is if I'm wiring them parallel will I be getting the 100watts the amp gives at 2ohms for the speakers? I just want to know this info for when getting everything setup. I'm still new in the car audio world but have a project in mind I'm working on and would like to know if what I'm saying is correct or if I'm wrong. I'm sorry btw if it doesn't make sense how I worded my question.

Or are the speakers going to be getting overpowered. I want to be able to power the speakers correctly and not distort them 

If you wire 2 speakers per channel at 2 ohm, the speakers would be splitting the wattage. So 100 watts at 2 ohm would be 50 watts a speaker

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

14 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

If you wire 2 speakers per channel at 2 ohm, the speakers would be splitting the wattage. So 100 watts at 2 ohm would be 50 watts a speaker

Alright perfect, thank you for the response. Keep on thumping!