DayV914 Posted June 10, 2022 Report Posted June 10, 2022 I plan on using a taramps 400x4 that works at these specs: @ 13,8 VDC - 2 OHMS - 400 W RMS (4 x 100W RMS) @ 13,8 VDC - 4 OHMS - 252 W RMS (4 x 63W RMS) Bridged @ 13,8 VDC - 4 OHMS - 400W RMS (2 x 200W RMS). I plan on wiring 8x midrange speakers that are 50watts rms each parallel to get them down to 2 ohms per channel. My question is if I'm wiring them parallel will I be getting the 100watts the amp gives at 2ohms for the speakers? I just want to know this info for when getting everything setup. I'm still new in the car audio world but have a project in mind I'm working on and would like to know if what I'm saying is correct or if I'm wrong. I'm sorry btw if it doesn't make sense how I worded my question.
DayV914 Posted June 10, 2022 Author Report Posted June 10, 2022 2 minutes ago, DayV914 said: I plan on using a taramps 400x4 that works at these specs: @ 13,8 VDC - 2 OHMS - 400 W RMS (4 x 100W RMS) @ 13,8 VDC - 4 OHMS - 252 W RMS (4 x 63W RMS) Bridged @ 13,8 VDC - 4 OHMS - 400W RMS (2 x 200W RMS). I plan on wiring 8x midrange speakers that are 50watts rms each parallel to get them down to 2 ohms per channel. My question is if I'm wiring them parallel will I be getting the 100watts the amp gives at 2ohms for the speakers? I just want to know this info for when getting everything setup. I'm still new in the car audio world but have a project in mind I'm working on and would like to know if what I'm saying is correct or if I'm wrong. I'm sorry btw if it doesn't make sense how I worded my question. Or are the speakers going to be getting overpowered. I want to be able to power the speakers correctly and not distort them
Dafaseles Posted June 10, 2022 Report Posted June 10, 2022 If you wire 2 speakers per channel at 2 ohm, the speakers would be splitting the wattage. So 100 watts at 2 ohm would be 50 watts a speaker 2011 Chevy Silverado under construction My build log here. Check it out!
DayV914 Posted June 10, 2022 Author Report Posted June 10, 2022 14 minutes ago, Dafaseles said: If you wire 2 speakers per channel at 2 ohm, the speakers would be splitting the wattage. So 100 watts at 2 ohm would be 50 watts a speaker Alright perfect, thank you for the response. Keep on thumping!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.