Sonic Electronix

OK, so ive been chasing what i believed was a connection issue in my car for quite some time and i cannot find it. I recently completely upgraded my front stage thinking that the problem would just go away, and it did improve but is still there. My left door will constantly cut in and out and it obviously ruins the music. I have a sundown saev3 400.4 amp running to 2 pairs of AudioPipe CRX-203 crossovers, then from the crossovers to a pair of Skar NPX 6.5s and VX1 tweeters. Each speaker has it's own crossover and so does each tweeter. Each is being ran on its own channel. My left door (front left channel) is the only one that cuts out. This problem happened with my old amp, but with both doors. The right side ended up being an RCA issue but i cannot figure out the left side. I have replaced wire, rcas, bypassed the headunit, replaced the left door crossover, confirmed ground is not the issue, electrical isn't stressed. I am down to either the 6.5 itself which is new as well, or the skar EQ that im running the signal through which is also fairly new in December '21. Has anyone ran into an issue like this with the skar EQ? i just want to be able to listen to a few songs in a row without the door cutting out and killing my front stage. Any help is appreciated, and thank you in advance.

Attached video is the only one i have, i know its not very good but if i can catch it better on video i will update it

ELECTRICAL:

Mechman 240a

190ah AGM

Big 4 SHCA 1/0 OFC

1/0 SHCA CCA

4ga SHCA OFC

FRONT STAGE:

Sundown SAEv3 400.4

1x Skar NPX 6.5 per door

1x Skar VX1 Super tweeter per A-Pillar

Skar 7 Band EQ

SUB STAGE:

JP23 @ 1 ohm

Sundown Xv3 15

49 minutes ago, Nukhu said:

OK, so ive been chasing what i believed was a connection issue in my car for quite some time and i cannot find it. I recently completely upgraded my front stage thinking that the problem would just go away, and it did improve but is still there. My left door will constantly cut in and out and it obviously ruins the music. I have a sundown saev3 400.4 amp running to 2 pairs of AudioPipe CRX-203 crossovers, then from the crossovers to a pair of Skar NPX 6.5s and VX1 tweeters. Each speaker has it's own crossover and so does each tweeter. Each is being ran on its own channel. My left door (front left channel) is the only one that cuts out. This problem happened with my old amp, but with both doors. The right side ended up being an RCA issue but i cannot figure out the left side. I have replaced wire, rcas, bypassed the headunit, replaced the left door crossover, confirmed ground is not the issue, electrical isn't stressed. I am down to either the 6.5 itself which is new as well, or the skar EQ that im running the signal through which is also fairly new in December '21. Has anyone ran into an issue like this with the skar EQ? i just want to be able to listen to a few songs in a row without the door cutting out and killing my front stage. Any help is appreciated, and thank you in advance.

Attached video is the only one i have, i know its not very good but if i can catch it better on video i will update it

I would first try switching around the RCA cables to different channels. See if the problem switches to a different speaker. 

Also, you could try just hooking up a junk speaker to that channel, and see if it still happens to that different speaker. 

Doing those little experiments might help narrow down the culprit. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived