Brandonloos_21 Posted January 4, 2023 Report Posted January 4, 2023 Hi all, I am going to be using an arc audio ps8 pro for my boat stereo, and I am wondering what your thoughts are on my baseline tune. I'm new to this, so I am still learning, and any feedback is appreciated! Since my boat has rca zone pairs that I am already content with and control from headunit, I am planning on just running them straight thru the DSP (not needing to do any mixing or combining of channels). Let me know your thoughts on how I have it setup! The PS8 Pro file is saved to a google drive here! I obviously will do in person tuning and eq once everything is installed and baseline is solidified. /cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,width=1920,height=1920,fit=scale-down/https://www.diymobileaudio.com/attachments/boat-setup-jpg.360141/ The below will explain the above depiction The stereo consists of a 4 zone headunit (4 rca pairs out), these are separated into the following Front cabin rcas (R+L) Rear cabin rcas (R+L) Tower rcas (R+L) Sub rcas (R+L) The stereo is going to be powered by 5 amplifiers, these are as follows (1) Cabin amplifier - Sundown Salt 500.4 - Signal from front cabin rcas AND rear cabin rcas (2) Tower amplifiers - Sundown Salt 200.4's - Signal from tower rcas (will use splitter to go into both amps) (2) Subwoofer amplifiers - Sundown Salt 3k's - Signal from sub rcas (will use splitter to go into both amps) The speaker pairs that the amps will power are as follows Cabin Pairs Front Cabin - 4 Wet sounds revo 8 speakers, 2 left and 2 right, wired into 2 ohm pairs, powered by front SALT 500.4 amplifier channels Rear Cabin - 4 Wet sounds revo 8 speakers, 2 left and 2 right, wired into 2 ohm pairs, powered by rear SALT 500.4 amplifier channels Tower Pairs Tower pair 1 - 2 Wet sounds rev 12 tower speakers, 1 left and 1 right, powered by ONE of the SALT 200.4 amplifiers, each speaker gets one bridged channel at 4 ohm Tower pair 2 - 2 Wet sounds rev 12 tower speakers, 1 left and 1 right, powered by ONE of the SALT 200.4 amplifiers, each speaker gets one bridged channel at 4 ohm Subs Sub box - 2 DC Audio XL elite 12's, (dual 2 ohm), box built to 34 hz, each wired to a SALT 3k at 1 ohm, amplifiers in slave mode, controlled by sub rca pair
audiofanaticz Posted January 4, 2023 Report Posted January 4, 2023 Why not just get a salt 6, it be cheaper
Brandonloos_21 Posted January 4, 2023 Author Report Posted January 4, 2023 38 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said: Why not just get a salt 6, it be cheaper I was waiting for that comment! Due to my space that amps will be going, it’s easier for me to fit 2 salt 3’s.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.