Something strange is going on. I just installed a set of Morel Tempo Ultra 602’s in my 2020 Titan. They sound amazing. But … in some songs the guitars seem too low in volume. For some examples, listening to AC/DC (Shook Me All Night Long) it was obvious the guitar was just too attenuated. Shortly after that, on Tusk by Fleetwood Mac there’s a little quarter/ eighth note rhythm guitar right after the chorus and I could barely hear it. Same with Come Together by The Beatles. FYI, I’m running active, using an AudioControl DSP. My tweeters are on the A Pillars pointed somewhat towards each other (not quite) woofers are in the normal door location. I have a ton of treatment behind and around the woofers. So what I’ve tried … I’m a musician and an audio engineer (all the way back to the days of tape) and when I mix heavy guitars I usually crank the mids, so I tried that. Everything from 500Hz to 5KHz and it just made things muddy and didn’t help. I also tried to cut frequencies in the low mid/ high mid range in case something was fighting it, didn’t make much difference. I have my crossovers set at 3.8KHz and 75Hz (with sub low passed at around 100Hz). But I can take the sub all the way out and that doesn’t change anything, either. Also – I’ve triple checked each speaker’s polarity – all good. WTH – Any suggestions? I mean, it’s not the end of the world, the music still sounds very good. But I’ve sure been scratching my head!

On 2/27/2023 at 9:59 PM, hoshanaeckhart said:

Something strange is going on. I just installed a set of Morel Tempo Ultra 602’s in my 2020 Titan. They sound amazing. But … in some songs the guitars seem too low in volume. For some examples, listening to AC/DC (Shook Me All Night Long) it was obvious the guitar was just too attenuated. Shortly after that, on Tusk by Fleetwood Mac there’s a little quarter/ eighth note rhythm guitar right after the chorus and I could barely hear it. Same with Come Together by The Beatles. FYI, I’m running active, using an AudioControl DSP. My tweeters are on the A Pillars pointed somewhat towards each other (not quite) woofers are in the normal door location. I have a ton of treatment behind and around the woofers. So what I’ve tried … I’m a musician and an audio engineer (all the way back to the days of tape) and when I mix heavy guitars I usually crank the mids, so I tried that. Everything from 500Hz to 5KHz and it just made things muddy and didn’t help. I also tried to cut frequencies in the low mid/ high mid range in case something was fighting it, didn’t make much difference. I have my crossovers set at 3.8KHz and 75Hz (with sub low passed at around 100Hz). But I can take the sub all the way out and that doesn’t change anything, either. Also – I’ve triple checked each speaker’s polarity – all good. WTH – Any suggestions on Acoustic guitars for sale? I mean, it’s not the end of the world, the music still sounds very good. But I’ve sure been scratching my head!

thanks in advance for any help

Edited by hoshanaeckhart

If you tested them at home before installation and found them to sound ok on the guitars and after installation not then the issue is in the install.

It's important to audition equipment before installing because drivers have their own sound signature which one may agree or not, tone controls, equalizers and such cannot always make one thing to sound like another.

• 8 months later...
On 2/27/2023 at 6:59 PM, hoshanaeckhart said:

Something strange is going on. I just installed a set of Morel Tempo Ultra 602’s in my 2020 Titan. They sound amazing. But … in some songs the guitars seem too low in volume. For some examples, listening to AC/DC (Shook Me All Night Long) it was obvious the guitar was just too attenuated. Shortly after that, on Tusk by Fleetwood Mac there’s a little quarter/ eighth note rhythm guitar right after the chorus and I could barely hear it. Same with Come Together by The Beatles. FYI, I’m running active, using an AudioControl DSP. My tweeters are on the A Pillars pointed somewhat towards each other (not quite) woofers are in the normal door location. I have a ton of treatment behind and around the woofers. So what I’ve tried … I’m a musician and an audio engineer (all the way back to the days of tape) and when I mix heavy guitars I usually crank the mids, so I tried that. Everything from 500Hz to 5KHz and it just made things muddy and didn’t help. I also tried to cut frequencies in the low mid/ high mid range in case something was fighting it, didn’t make much difference. I have my crossovers set at 3.8KHz and 75Hz (with sub low passed at around 100Hz). But I can take the sub all the way out and that doesn’t change anything, either. Also – I’ve triple checked each speaker’s polarity – all good. WTH – Any suggestions? I've read some research papers that suggest there could be issues with this.  I mean, it’s not the end of the world, the music still sounds very good. But I’ve sure been scratching my head!

Have you tried them without an amplifier?

Edited by Kamunndmer