Second Skin Audio

Box for a sundown x8 v3 - sealed or ported? And will it fit in a lunchbox(diahatsu cuore)

mr Bungel

First of all a greeting from the Netherlands :)

Hi,

so i have a diahatsu cuore  and its in need of an upgrade. Since its so small i decided to use a 8inch sub and chose the x8 v3 from sundown audio.  Thinking/hoping (without calculating offcourse) a sealed enclosure  would

1) fit my ...*kuch* trunk...(85×40×40/25cm)

2) satisfy my 10+years of dreaming of owning a sundown 

A few days ago a read this piece:

And now it feels like im lost cause no way a ported box will fit that tiny trunk...... right? Or not? I must calculate it... but how? Wait but on the sundown  website, when looking for info, they have some recommended measurements for a sealed enclosure for a x8 v3! 

:s 

Clearly i will get this wrong...

Who can make some sense off al this and knows what a wanna ask =) :sneeze::lolup:

So here is a box for the X-8v3 within your posted dimensions, metric units and 18mm wood which should be available in your country, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 5 cm, figure is just an assembly guide:

LST.png

fig.jpg

What the ... wow

Thn-Q  the help man, i appreciate it!

When seeing this box i realise the trunkdoor would be very close to the front of the box. Would it be okay if placed it facing up? 

IMG-20230303-WA0016.thumb.jpg.d6c650d2d30621ee22a5d3da77e83939.jpg

Im aiming to get the PG SX2 800.4 and the 1200.1 to amplify the X8 and pairing it with a JBL club 605SQ for frontstage, leaving 2 channels free, keeping room for whatever...

Any thoughts on this?

The sub box can fire up no problem, in fact in hatchbacks is probably the most common orientation, anyways you need only 5 cm of clearance for the port, might be able to try firing back as well.

The amps, great but bear in mind that the 800.4 is listed as discontinued and the 1200.1 as not available so if you know where to get them try to do so before they become unavailable. Also the D2 version of the sub would take more advantage of the amp power.

The JBL club 605SQ should be nice, As a more advanced topic you could run your components fully active with your 4 channel amp with the help of your head unit if compatible or crossover/DSP which you could get later on.

Archived