Second Skin Audio

4th Gen ram under seat 2 meso 10-D2s parrall on 1500 rms @ 2 ohms port help

Hey everyone, im looking for help with port design, I've completed the fiberglass shell  after sub displacement I have roughly 2 .3cu ft shared volume Ported calls for 1  cu ft per sub 30 sq in port area,  From what ive read and a couple programs im not very familiar with are suggesting roughly 22 in length. Just jumped  back in to car audio after almost 20 years the  info and tec is amazing compared to the box program i had on a 3 1/2 floppy back then. Ive also just jumped over here from another forum where my posts were replied to by 1  person who seems to me to not under standwhat i believe to be  pretty simple questions for anyone whos been involved in this hobby recently.  from what ive read hear you guys are 100X more advanced and knowledgeable. Im very capable of the build im a union carpenter with many other skills however I dont totally understand ports ,  never  have always built sealed boxes when i was younger, ,the ones that were ported were purchased. 

Iv been banging my  head for 6 months  trying to come up with a design, Im in NY and the weathers just breaking, really want to get this build finised up. the best I can figure is 15x2 exterior slot up thre rear wal lof the cab or u shaped centered on top however air velocity is hurricane speed if anyone has any experience with these types of boxes or any suggestion wold be greatly appreciated

startin to think I may be better off with a sealed enclosure however with what i have invested in mids highs dsp sound proofing enclosure material head unit... I would like to be as loud and efficent as posible.

Thanks in advance LOC

Unless you can do the port external to the box you will have to do sealed, your subs driver displacement is 0.15 x2 subs = 0.3

2.3 cubic feet gross - 0.3  = 2 cubic feet net or 1 cubic feet net per driver, what the drivers need  SO no airspace available for the port.

The minimum port area you need for those subs is 20 square inches per driver so 40 square inches is the minimum port area.

So 2 cubic feet net and 40 square inches of port area and a tuning of 36Hz needs a port that is 36.4" in length.

• 1 month later...

Was searching for pre fab enclosures trying to find posible port options and came across this enclosure for a single 10" meso. specs call for 30sq in. port,  This is just under a A 1/4 of that size. could this actually work?? seem extremally small.

Pasted from product page

This enclosure is built to the specs recommended by CT Sounds for a 10" MESO subwoofer in a ported box.  We use a 3" aeroport to reduce port noise so you get clean clear bass from your sub.  The subwoofer is recessed 1/2" into the box.

- 3/4" MDF Construction

- Port Tube - 3" x 10.5" Aeroport

- Black carpet (charcoal carpet may be substituted upon request)

- Tuned to 36 Hz. (adjustable by request)

- Exterior Dimensions - 20(wide) x 13"(tall) x 14"(deep)

- Net Volume: 1.0 Cubic ft

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2023 at 12:55 PM, Joe X said:

That would never work, a 3" round port has a port area of 7 square inches, they say 30 square inches, you could do 20 square inches at the very leas but 7 is a no go.

Thank for the confirmation, I didn't think it seemed right  myself. Ive just  added some partitions  to reduce and separate into 2 sealed chambers. In the fall I have some plans to fabricate a new box, im going to remove the  top edge and make u shaped cutouts on the front wall of the storage bay and also remove the carpet and pad also if needed rework some sheet metal on the floor to increase the pod size and have the subs mount on the face (firing forward} this will also give me  more than enough volume needed to port the enclosure correctly.