Well i passed a gas station yesterday and no shit disel was 550 ! :ph34r: I hate to say it but we will reach 10 buck a gallon :blink: I know some will say that wont EVER happen but just a meare 4 years ago if i told you youd be paying 4 bucks would you have believed me Damn ! So the question is what will YOU do when gas is 10 bucks a gallon ?

dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Well i passed a gas station yesterday and no shit disel was 550 ! :ph34r: I hate to say it but we will reach 10 buck a gallon :blink: I know some will say that wont EVER happen but just a meare 4 years ago if i told you youd be paying 4 bucks would you have believed me Damn ! So the question is what will YOU do when gas is 10 bucks a gallon ?

Get a bicycle.

by the time gas gets to 10$, people will ask the same question only with 15$ gas. All i know is if gas gets to even 6 dollars, my ass is gonna get to walkin more

Suvs will be only for the rich
dcaudio.jpg ALLAH's the most gracious, he made the universe the most spaciousSeen and heard in all places, but still appear facelessEmbraces all races, all caste and all casesIn every spec of life he's the substance of all tracesSMDsigbannr9.jpg

What if gas cost $10 a gallon?

Forget pizza delivery. And cheap airfares. And bottled water. In fact, forget a way of life that looks much like today's. But would that be so bad?

advertisement

MSN Money Calculator

Find out the effect of rising fuel prices on your pocketbook.

Your car's gas mileage (MPG)

Current price per gallon

Future price per gallon

Miles that you drive per week

Current yearly gas bill $2,808.00

Future yearly gas bill $7,800.00

Read more: 12 ways to find cheaper gas

By Shirley Skeel

Editor's note: This is one in an occasional series of financial what-ifs.

In four years, U.S. gas prices have doubled to more than $3.70 a gallon, and crude oil has tripled to around $125 a barrel. Allowing for inflation, that's higher than prices were during the 1978–83 oil shock that triggered a recession and sky-high interest rates. But . . .

What if gas cost $10 a gallon?

Thousands of truckers would go bankrupt. Airplanes would sit idle in hangars. Restaurants and stores would shut down. Car-pooling, hybrid vehicles, scooters and inline skates would swing into vogue. And telecommuting, rooftop vegetable gardens, home cooking and recycling would proliferate.

* Talk back: Who still says 'Fill it up'?

Yes, it would be painful. At $10 a gallon, filling a Ford Explorer could cost $225. Even gassing up a Honda Civic could set you back $132.

And suddenly the bus wouldn't look so bad.

I think if gas hits 5.00 a gallon I am gonna sell my altima and get get something smaller

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

you may not believe me but in december 1999 gas in L.A. was

.87 for 87

.89 for 89

.91 for 91

I'll never forget that :o

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Archived