Second Skin Audio

Question About Voice Coil Impedance From Company

Does anyone know how a company makes impedance differnces of voice coils? Like how you can have .35,.5, .75, 1 , 2, 4 etc. Like how do they make it different ohms? Im not talking about how to wire them differnt to get a lower or higher ohm but the subs voice coil themselves from factory.

I believe its the amount of wire that they use to make the voice coil.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Look at it like a coil the more windings the higher impedance. The less amount of windings the lower the imedance.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I believe its the amount of wire that they use to make the voice coil.

x2 and wire thickness

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P4050UB

Subs: 2 Pioneer Premier 12" ts-w3004spls

Sub box: 3.2ft3 tuned to 35hz

Sub Amp: SoundMagus DK 1800

Speaker Amp: Rockford Fosgate 200a4 Bridged to fronts

Front Speakers: DLS MS5A components

2 gauge power & ground

141s19i.jpg

Imagine takeing your speaker leads and shorting them together. Now take a wire and wrap it perfectly around something evenly then stick an ohm meter on it. More windings more resistance.

I'm pretty sure thats how it works.

Terryswork001.png

I might be wrong on this one.

Terryswork001.png