Second Skin Audio

Yes yes yes that is a good design :) Maybe just add a little flare around the vent mouth and it'll be angry!

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

woobaby3-1.jpg

woobaby3-2.jpg

woobaby3-3.jpg

woobaby3-4.jpg

woobaby3-5.jpg

woobaby3-6.jpg

all still separate chambers but now are ported

front is tuned to 46hz

rear is tuned to 28hz

what you don't see a steel 1 x 2 cage that will be wrapped around it... the right side will be much heavier than the left to counter all the weight of the subs ( upwards of 890ibs) lol being the subs are more on the passenger side than the driver side

also ... the ports will be removable... so if it sounds like poo i can change the tuning... furthermore... if it sounds bad after that... i can fill in the whole side were the smaller ports are in each chamber bring them small enough and sealing them turning it into a 4th order sooo woot ... gives me lots possibilities.. should be loud as fawkkkkk

haha hope im not getting on anyones nerves with this thread... thats what ill be using... so no more pix till the actual build

Edited by unknownuser200985

front is tuned to 46hz

rear is tuned to 28hz

what you don't see a steel 1 x 2 cage that will be wrapped around it... the right side will be much heavier than the left to counter all the weight of the subs ( upwards of 890ibs) lol being the subs are more on the passenger side than the driver side

also ... the ports will be removable... so if it sounds like poo i can change the tuning... furthermore... if it sounds bad after that... i can fill in the whole side were the smaller ports are in each chamber bring them small enough and sealing them turning it into a 4th order sooo woot ... gives me lots possibilities.. should be loud as fawkkkkk

haha hope im not getting on anyones nerves with this thread... thats what ill be using... so no more pix till the actual build

Ok now you have a 6th-order series tuned bandpass box.

You're probably better off making a common chamber and having one enormous port down the back if you're going to go that way about it. Airflow will be much better that way but if you get it wrong you're going to get epic cancellation, which is much easier to avoid with a 4th order bandpass.

Also I still think you should get rid of the bit on the 'front' that stick out over the 'mouth' of the box, all that's going to do is create turbulence at the corner.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

thats part of of the port... and is over 6.5 inchs long...correct me if im wrong but wouldnt getting rid of it... make it portless? or make the whole chamber a port? the reason its all seperate chambers is so i can adjust it... interchangible ports... to to tune in best... and if that doesnt work i can turn it back into a 4th order by filling in the port side... so basically gives me some room to play with instead of building it and be like fuck ..i messed up... ok i have to start completely over... if that makes any sense...

edit: also if ur saying make the front chambers 1 instead of 2 as welll would be impossible... getting the top layer to approx was max hz i could make it with the 2 chambers... which it should have been alittle higher for a better bandwidth.. if i put a 1 common chamber itd drop my tuning 4hz! lol not good.... unless u have another idea .. if so any help would be appericated...

Edited by unknownuser200985