Sonic Electronix

Because Kicker wasn't really making anything big enough to push them all the way. Have you watched any of Steve's videos? 4 SoloX's done right will be up there with that! Now there is the WarHorse. . I don't know if it's for sale yet though.

You need roughly 40,000 watts rms to push 4 of them to tilt!! Assuming you will strap 2 amps per sub, you need 8 amps capable of about 5000 watts each rms. Don't forget you will need several alternators and batteries.

I have always found it more impressive to do more with less. That's just me. I would look into 4 15's . . serious 15's .. The airspace is more realistic. . Either Fi, RE, DD or something like that. I am a fan of Digital Designs myself. 4 of the 9515's with about 4 of the DD M3 amplifiers in the right box would be hard to take. . www.ddaudio.com

But, when you're ballin out of control .. Nothing will ever be enough. . :blink:

appreciate the help and ive had 15s liked em never had 18s but that was my delimma was air space with 4 18s.. ive watched all of his videos if i had money like chicken i'd just get the t15ks haha.. i will go look at the dd audio you were talkin ab. thanks again

26s 305/30/26

6 ma audio hard kore 12s

6 ma audio hk2000d's

10 tvs

6 2400 kintek batterys

ab to install sec altenator

Because Kicker wasn't really making anything big enough to push them all the way. Have you watched any of Steve's videos? 4 SoloX's done right will be up there with that! Now there is the WarHorse. . I don't know if it's for sale yet though.

You need roughly 40,000 watts rms to push 4 of them to tilt!! Assuming you will strap 2 amps per sub, you need 8 amps capable of about 5000 watts each rms. Don't forget you will need several alternators and batteries.

I have always found it more impressive to do more with less. That's just me. I would look into 4 15's . . serious 15's .. The airspace is more realistic. . Either Fi, RE, DD or something like that. I am a fan of Digital Designs myself. 4 of the 9515's with about 4 of the DD M3 amplifiers in the right box would be hard to take. . www.ddaudio.com

But, when you're ballin out of control .. Nothing will ever be enough. . :blink:

Uh, what?

10,000w rms to a single Solo X 18"?

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

that's a year old or something like that...

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

if i had the money and wanted to compete, id get rid of the back seat and do 6 dc lvl 5's and power each one with a rockford t40001bd or some mach 5 spl subs..they did a test and it ran with the big dogs costing much more and even beat some..and i hear for a spl sub it sounds really good..get about 4-6 of those with a sundown3k on each and your good to go..

If you are leaving the 2nd row in, might as well just fire subs up port back. What are the 6 12's not doing right now that you want them to? Sometimes it's just a matter of the right box. How are they setup now?

Correction . .the box is the least effecient part of any bass system . . so box box box ..

But, if you are just looking to knock heads off, get the most you can afford and fit.

I disagree. With most coil based loudspeakers being around 1 to 2% effecient......

Chuck on some P.Audio SD-21's ( http://www.p-audio.co.uk/products/db_product_1_13_sd-21.htm ). With it's 6 inch coil, power compression is fairly darn low. Plus, it's 99dB/w/m. Heard a pair of these in Ramsdell "Sub Engine" woofers. Yeah, no balls left. They are gooone.

Then again, I'm just biased. The Solo-x's do look like a nice beasty woofer, but can they really handle 10K? I would have though around 3-4k......

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320