Sundown Audio

Couple questions regarding potential amp upgrade

I currently have 1x DVC 2 ohm sub. In the future I want to get another one but not for a while. I want to get an amp that can run the one close to its rated wattage and have enough power for when I get the second one. My sub is rated at 1000 rms. I figured I can run around a 2k rms amp at 4 ohms (~800ish watts for ones I have been looking at), then when I get a second sub, wire it to run 2 ohms and run close to rated wattage of both combined (~1500ish).

My battery is in my trunk so the wire run is very short, 3-5 feet. Every chart I have looked at shows that I am plenty fine with 4 ga wire, even up around 200 amps.

My problem is the amps around this size all have 0 ga inputs. Can I wire 4 ga wire into the larger inputs? Or should I have gone with 0 ga, even though I don't necessarily need it?

Any help or suggestions welcomed.

If you have a subpar electrical you can go with this:

Rockford Fosgate Power T1500-1BDCP

It will give you like 1200W at 4 ohm and close to 2K at 2 ohm, it is expensive unfortunately but it can work on bad electrical also fits 4AWG cable.

There are cheaper alternatives, Taramps smart 3 bass and the SIA series from sundown BUT full bridge amps need costly perfect electrical, 12.5 V minimum under max load

or these amps can get damaged. These type of amps better leave alone in entry level systems.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1