Second Skin Audio

‘97 F150 Reg Cab IB enclosure?

I have a 1997 F150 regular cab short bed and my original plan was a Memphis VIV 1422 in a 4th order blowthru. I’ve been researching a lot about infinite baffle enclosures seeing as I’m about SQ but I’m still trying to get LOWWW🤣💪🏼💯 I’ve been looking at the Stereo Integrity IB-24 sub and trying to figure out if there is anyway to get what I’m looking for with this type of setup. If I cut a large enough opening in the cab & bed, mounted the sub to a baffle board on the inside of the cab with the cone facing into the cab, sealed up the opening area between the cab and bed and slap a tonneau cover with plenty of sound deadening in the bed, would this work? No reputable enclosure builders that I know of here in Charlotte, NC and I don’t have the woodworking tools currently to build the 4th order myself. Thanks for your help!!!

I don't know if I could call that weather safe, an enclosure that is at least 10 times the sub Vas will act very much like IB.

Here is a crazy project you can take a look at that shows what to expect from that sub as well as an original way to achieve IB in a medium size vehicle where a very large enclosure is not an option.

Yes sir that’s the Stereo Integrity Audi!! Partly where I got some inspiration from! I’m pretty sure I can use some accordion boot like they use in blowthru builds to keep the weather out! I’m just wondering if my way would work better than say just cutting out my “port” opening in the cab & the bed and building it exclusively in the bed!

As long as you isolate the front wave from the back wave and the sub is not enclosed in a <10 Vas airspace you have IB for all practical matters, I don't know what issues you will face cutting such a big hole in your truck or if just a boot will weather proof your sub but other than that it should work.

• 3 weeks later...

So my sub’s Vas is 328L which is about 11.5832 cu.ft. So 10x that would be 115.832cu.ft. If the bed was enclosed it would have about 58.6 cu.ft. If I made another port somewhere between the inside of the bed and the outside air, would that work better than just completely sealing the bed with a tonneau cover?