Second Skin Audio

Need some advice on an enclosure for Skar ZVX18v2 D2 Honda Element

The subsonic (high pass) is generally 4th order not 2nd order filter in most amps so it will need to be set higher to better control excursion, also, WinISD doesn't account for cabin gain so your frequency response just show how the box will play outdoors. But you can still compare your plot with a 4.75 net box tuned to 29Hz  (the prefab) to see how much are you expected to gain, that actually is useful information you might be interested in.

Edited by Joe X
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

awesome great information I appreciate it. I have both up overlapped now comparing and can see what you are talking about. I ordered the 10" aeroport and got the wood to build the 7 cubic ft box tuned to 32hz. I am considering using this until it cools down here in Phoenix then maybe upgrading to a Sundown zv618 and a smart 5. Gonna have to run a second 1/0 for that so better to do all that when it cools down. Sweated my ass off yesterday installing the 320amp alt in my 120 degree garage.