Second Skin Audio

help with TS Paremters in BassBox 6 Pro

HI long time listener first time caller!! jk uhm, if anyone on here has any experience with BassBox 6 pro,  i bought the program about 6 months ago and have built some very insane sounding enclosures using the program. but....; how to i work around the lack of drivers in the database especially when the manufacturers don't giveryou all of the specs? im starting to feel like it might be worth buying the tools required to start measuring my own TS Parameters.. what i would like to know.. how important is it to have all of the parallels and series parameter's plugged in to the program?  seeing as how no manufacturer is giving those full sets out with their subs? i havent really had any problem's yet.. but then again, wiith out the full spec sheet.. am i really giving my clients the best that they can get? i am building an enclosure for a DB WDX15G1.4

With that sub the DC resistance is given per coil and BL is given for coils wired in parallel so Re = 1.6 ohm.

What is more serious is that they don't provide Xmax which limits your ability to predict maximum power for your situation and where to set your subsonic filter.

The parameters you are going to use are the only ones you need to have, the others are not necessary, manufacturers usually will give parameters measured with coils wired in series, if you need to wire in parallel you need to divide Re/4 and recalculate BL through the program, you will get a lower BL value.

If you need to measure parameters bear in mind that new subs need to be broken in before any measurements take place or the parameters you get are no good for box designing.