Second Skin Audio

need help designing enclosure

I am looking to build a ported enclosure to fit two rockford fosgate T1D210s in my 2019 wrx. (I have not yet purchased the subwoofers or an amp and I am open to alternative suggestions)

the maximum size possible would be 32x20x16. if anyone has dimensions or cut sheet for a similar box, or the ability to easily produce them, I would be forever grateful. thanks in advance 

You can do 12s if you want and be much louder for the same power, as for the Rockford fosgate brand they are good but they are on the expensive side you can go for these instead in the 12 size:

https://stereointegrity.com/product/sql-series/

Anyways if you don't care for any of the above a  2x10s box is very doable on your max dimensions

Pick an amp that matches or exceeds the subs power handling. just avoid full bridge amplifiers unless you plan for electrical upgrades.

7 hours ago, Joe X said:

You can do 12s if you want and be much louder for the same power, as for the Rockford fosgate brand they are good but they are on the expensive side you can go for these instead in the 12 size:

https://stereointegrity.com/product/sql-series/

Anyways if you don't care for any of the above a  2x10s box is very doable on your max dimensions

Pick an amp that matches or exceeds the subs power handling. just avoid full bridge amplifiers unless you plan for electrical upgrades.

i appreciate the suggestion and will actually be going with two SQL 12s if I can make a properly sized ported box to fit them and my trunk. finding a decent quality affordable amp to power them is the next question though. 

Two 12s on your space is possible but would need to look for another form factor, for simplicity here is your request 2x10 T1 subs:

Assuming you have the trunk version of that vehicle aim subs and port back, (figure is just an assembly guide).

LST.png

T-PFSF-Single.jpg

For an amp I would suggest you the pretty decent quality D4S JP23 amplifier, it is half bridge, does rated and has good THD figures for a class D amplifier it's  $299.

You would wire coils in series and subs in parallel for a final load of 2 ohm.

Also you may need alternator and battery upgrades for any  > 1K system.

Edited by Joe X