How many watts can 18 guage speaker wire handle on a daily basis? Thanks

18 gauge: ~5.5 amperes

8 ohms - <240 watts

6 ohms - <180 watts

4 ohms - <120 watts

3 ohms - <90 watts

2 ohms - <60 watts

1 ohm - <30 watts :)

Im a scamming little cunt rag. i like penis, cum more penis, oh and did i mention penis.

i suck at life....

18 gauge: ~5.5 amperes

8 ohms - <240 watts

6 ohms - <180 watts

4 ohms - <120 watts

3 ohms - <90 watts

2 ohms - <60 watts

1 ohm - <30 watts :)

So basically 18 guage is perfect for running door speakers than. Im useing 14 guage in my car and im planning on useing 18 in my buddies car due to more on a roll, its thinner, more flexible and not running over 200 watts a speaker. Should it be fine then? And is that from a website? If so can you post the link? Thanks

So basically 18 guage is perfect for running door speakers than. Im useing 14 guage in my car and im planning on useing 18 in my buddies car due to more on a roll, its thinner, more flexible and not running over 200 watts a speaker. Should it be fine then? And is that from a website? If so can you post the link? Thanks

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1005 here ya go man, i would onlye on run 18gauge on the deck so no more then 80 watts but im running all 14gauge from walmart even rewire the stock deck wire beckause i bought 6.5inch kickers and u ould tell the difference.

Im a scamming little cunt rag. i like penis, cum more penis, oh and did i mention penis.

i suck at life....

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1005 here ya go man, i would onlye on run 18gauge on the deck so no more then 80 watts but im running all 14gauge from walmart even rewire the stock deck wire beckause i bought 6.5inch kickers and u ould tell the difference.

Yeah me im running 14 gauge form the roll of walmarts too lol. I guess bigger the wire the better from power handeling and how power is tranfered. I guess its like how I upgraded my alt form 8 guage stock to 0 guage lol

Edit: Thanks for the link!

To be safe when you use the 18 guage for speakers just do two runs. if you cant get any 14 or 12.

Its going in an 02 civic and the room in the floor panels is so tight its not even funny and hes running about 100 watts a speaker now. Alright ill make him just deal with it and have better power from the larger wire.

To be safe when you use the 18 guage for speakers just do two runs. if you cant get any 14 or 12.

just run 14gauge or 16gauge from walmart and u will be fine ive ran both with no noticible difference so your friend should be fine with 16gauge asuming he is not running hella watts lol

i suck at life....

Its going in an 02 civic and the room in the floor panels is so tight its not even funny and hes running about 100 watts a speaker now. Alright ill make him just deal with it and have better power from the larger wire.

ive got the same car with the audio thats listed in my sig just tell him rewire it with 14gauge and trust me he well tell the differnce!

i suck at life....

ive got the same car with the audio thats listed in my sig just tell him rewire it with 14gauge and trust me he well tell the differnce!

I think im gooing to run the 8 guage sub wire to his door speakers lol. Im kidding for subs thats what I plan on useing for him. 2 18" BTL's

Archived