Epicenter question

I have a question regarding audiocontrol epicenter

They device uses pfm chips which it comes with stock 33hz. This chip is basically a subsonic filter which will attenuate the frequency so the epicenter doesnt affect frequencies under the chips frequency. So the question is: is it safe to turn my mono amps ssf all the way to left/lowest setting as the epicenter is already using a ssf? Or should i still have the mono amps ssf filter set to the appropriate setting based upon the tuning of my enclosure?

Such an old device that used those pfm pluggable resistor packs, who would trust a non soldered connection maybe 40 years old.

The subsonic in the epicenter should be enough in theory even if they are 18dB/octave only but using the amp SSF as a safeguard can't hurt anything. Your call really.

Edited by Joe X

If you want to experiment more those modules are only a bunch of resistors even if they sometimes are packaged to look like a chip, you can make those modules yourself to any frequency you want, audiocontrol keeps a pdf that tells you what resistor values you need.

30 minutes ago, Joe X said:

If you want to experiment more those modules are only a bunch of resistors even if they sometimes are packaged to look like a chip, you can make those modules yourself to any frequency you want, audiocontrol keeps a pdf that tells you what resistor values you need.

Since my box is tuned to 36hz i am comfortable with the 30hz chip. Anything less is asking for trouble IMO

For past lower tuned enclosures, i did buy 25hz which i lost , 20hz and 35hz. 25hz i need to remake as i use that and 30hz the most. 20 i only use ifnim tuned 26hz or lower which will never happen.