Second Skin Audio

Ported Box for 2 ID8v4’s

i have a 2019 F150 super crew that I’m looking at running 2 ID8v4’s in under rear seat and front firing. I have around 2.2 cubes and was planning to run ported. They will be pushed off a Sundown Salt 200.2. So 700-800 watts. Looking for good sq to blend into the c1-690 components that are going in the front doors.

Interested for what has worked for others. From what I have seen they work good at .9 cubes each tuned to 30hz with a 3x15 aero port. I would run them in one chamber and braced  with around 1.8 total. It would be side ported with an aero port probably either 3-4”. 

I don't remember anyone  using those subs ever on here.  They are rated very low 150W RMS power, People have asked about iDQ and iDMAX series in th 12" size usually.                          

Looking at the sub params 0.9 cubic feet net will work up to rated power, nothing more and the port area that will need is 3" round port PER driver, if using 2 subs in the same box you can use a single 4" port for both or two 3" ports.

As for if these blend in with the JL comps, I am pretty sure they will, the mid woofer of the splits will reach plenty low being the 6x9 size just pick a 70-80 Hz crossover point.

Edited by Joe X