Second Skin Audio

2 15s hair trick

I've got a 93 ford f250 extended cab truck that I would really like to wall off. I've got to soundqubed hds3.1 15s. I Would really like to be able to pull off a decent hair trick. Currently I have only one of the 15s in a truck it doesn't sound bad at all but it is way under powered. Like a 850 watt soundqubed monoblock amp on a 2 ohm sub. So would someone please give me some direction on how I can accomplish my goal? Obviously I'm going to need more power. Any recommendations on a budget amp that would power these subs? They are d2s at 1200rms. Right now I'm in the process of sound deadening the cab. Once I get that done im going to start framing with 2×4s to help minimize flex. I can build anything as long as I have a blueprint. I'm just not sure what box I should try and design slot port, 4th, maybe a 6th. My main goal is to pull off a good hair trick but still sound good while doing it. Any help would be appreciated.

Your vehicle is good for the application due to having a small cabin, A wall having 4 15"  high Xmax subs and power of 8-10 K likely should give you decent hair tricks rather easy, But you are far from having such a system.

As for amps to buy I am sure that Taramps would be a good fit and they are very inexpensive BUT you need an electrical system to match which will be very expensive, really expensive.

Honestly they are less expensive ways to move hair, if you don't have the financial support and the time to make it happen better do something else, Your two 15s you are installing will sound fine and be loud but it will be rather hard for such equipment to do hair tricks

This is what I consider a legit video of  2 15" on 9K:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWVJfTvwftY

If you found that hair trick "decent" lets see how much volume is displaced:

Zv5 15:

Sd =   726.7

Xmax =  35

Vd =   2.543

So about 5 liters of air being displaced through the window were enough for that hair trick to happen, lets see those subs of yours driven as best as possible:

Sq HDS3.1  15:

Sd =   776

Xmax =  14

Vd =   1.087

So at most you could displace about 2 liters of air through your window.

That is 60% less than in the video,

So those 15s of yours in my estimation would get some hair movement but nothing more, at least on conditions similar to the video.

Look I have no crystal ball, I just did an analysis that show chances are quite low, if you can find a video showing two 15s 14 mm Xmax 1000-1500W each doing a decent hair trick in a setup similar to what you intend to do then it might be possible in your case but if you don't have any evidence that you will succeed better not waste time and money, Just go by the numbers, those systems that do good hair tricks are always high cone area, high Xmax and high power 8-10K and up, you know just do your homework, for each successful project there are dozens of failed systems and it's kind of sad to see people putting a lot time and effort to end up not getting the results they wanted.