Sonic Electronix

Alternative power source?? For subs unable to install HO alternator because of newer electrical system in car

I am currently driving a 2019 Toyota Camry LE and I am running 2x kicker Q-class L7 12's with a kicker CXA 1800.1 don't get me wrong they slam but as we all know bassheads aren't happy unless are cars are about to fall apart from the Bass so I have contacted several places Mechman being the first and all say the same thing that my cars electrical system is made to regulate the amps something called a canbis/linbus electronics build basically to sum it up no matter what amp alternator I put in my car the electronic system will only recognize it as a stock amp alternator and charge at a stock alternator rate so my first question is can an alternative power source be created to charge the same way the alternator does and if so "HOW" any input would be appreciated I'm trying to upgrade to at least a 4-5000 watt rms subs and another 1-1500 watt rms for the mids and highs but in order to go anything above 2-3000 watts rms (Mechman recommended max for stock electrical) I need an alternative power source someone help

if you’ve got the room under the hood you could probably install a second alternator that is not regulated by ecu or reliant on a can-bus… I’d probably look for one off of a vehicle that is well supported *high output GM style for example. The secondary alt could be wired in a way that has it running only your audio equipment and or any other auxiliary electronics. I’d wait to hear more input from others before you start buying things though. It’s completely possible that someone has come up with a much simpler solution then what I’m suggesting…

You would probably need to fab all the parts yourself and get a bit creative with how you integrate it with your existing drive belts and pulley set-up

(or find someone who has some hands on  experience and a good understanding of automotive electrical systems)