Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for Sundown x8 v4

Hi SMD! I have a Kia Stinger that I've installed a LOC (LC2i Pro) in, and I was hoping someone could help me figure out the dimensions needed for an AeroPort or a slot port box, I have a Sundown X 8 v.4 D2 that will be paired with a Sundown SALT series 1.5 (1500rms @ 1ohm). I have roughly 26"w x 14"h x 10"d and if possible, have the subwoofer on the left side of the hatch against the rear left passenger seat and the port on the far right. I want to use an aero port (just for simplicity's sake) tuned to 32hz but I am open to slot port as well. I'm just trying to keep the footprint small is all. Thank you!

Forgot replying to you, my apologies you need a 4" round port for that sub and the dimensions given are insufficient, I recommend going with a slot port which can turn inside the box and gives you options on box dimensions.

1 hour ago, Joe X said:

Forgot replying to you, my apologies you need a 4" round port for that sub and the dimensions given are insufficient, I recommend going with a slot port which can turn inside the box and gives you options on box dimensions.

Dang, that's what I was afraid of. I'm not against a slot port, I'll just have to break out my tools since moving. I have a little more wiggle room in width and depth by 2" I'd rather keep depth minimal so I still have a little space in the "trunk".

What would you recommend sir? 

Thank you for the reply!

Edited by Terranova

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 1 1/2", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

lst.png

fig.png