Sonic Electronix

Anyone here have any experience using the Rockville RPA16 10000 Watt Peak / 3000w RMS 2 Channel Power Amplifier Pro/DJ

I'm thinking of upgrading from my Crown Drivecore XLS 1002 amp that I currently have driving my 12in subwoofer with the Rockville RPA16. I'm looking for more power at a lower cost as I'm going to be adding an additional subwoofer in my setup. Well sorta let me explain my situations and scenarios down below. 

I currently run a single 12in Elemental Design 13kv.2 sub that I built in a custom 1:1 transmission line or (T-Line) enclosure. I have a second sub that is still brand new in the box never used. And now that I've got the itch to build another T-Line enclosure I'm gonna wanna have the power to run both subs off a single rack amp instead of having multiple amps. The crown xls 1002 has been great but I feel it won't give me enough power to run a pair of these 12s in my theater the way that I want it to. So that one reason why I'm looking into a new amp.

Now the reason why I can't set up to a bigger crown amp like the Crown XLS 2502 is cost. I simply just can't afford to drop $800+ at this time. If I could I would and this post would be a muted point. So that leaves me going with a different more budget friendly brand for my next amp.

So here is why I'm asking about the Rockville RPA16. For the power amount it will give me more than enough power to run the pair of 12 inch subs with headroom to spare. The other reason why I'm considering this amp as well is that if I wanted to not run the dual 12 subs route, this amp will give me the flexibility to run a quad 18 setup.

See I also have 4, yes 4 18in CT Sounds Tropo 18s that are just sitting in my garage from a previous car build I had in my suburban. These are 650w rms/1300w peak. The though has come across my mind quite a few times to build these 18s into two pairs of dual folded horns or dual T-Line enclosure. One of the reasons for these enclosures are maximum low end output with control with lower power. If I go this route I don't have plans on running 650rms per woofer, more 350-400rms per. 

So those are my options, I'm just trying to find the right amp at the right cost that can give me the low end bass that I want. I've been searching for new and used amps as well. I'm just thinking out loud right now and I'm looking for feedback and thoughts especially on this amplifier.

Rockville RPA16 10000 Watt Peak / 3000w RMS 2 Channel Power Amplifier Pro/DJ Amp https://a.co/d/0khcG9N

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....