Second Skin Audio

Toyota Tundra blow thru box suggestions?

Hi I am new here but i have been lurking for a while. I have a 2014 Tundra double cab that I am starting to put a system together for. I just purchased 2 sundown X15 v.3's and am trying to figure out if i want to do a 4th order blowthru from the bed into the cab or do a regular ported box still in the bed. of course the reg ported box would face into the cab so i would have to cut more metal out. I have modeled a few boxes in winisd and the 4th order looks really peaky. I am not going for a spl monster so any tricks to flatten the curve a little would be appreciated. 

Id say show your plots, but bear in mind that the cabin introduce a lot of losses and real performance is never as peaky as shown and also cabin gain needs to be accounted for, WinISD is not really designed for car audio applications.

Also bear in mind that your box is too large and tuned too low, the tuning you need to set is close to the sealed resonance of the rear chamber which is the number on the left in WinIsd, in a 4th order bandpass tuning has a different role than in ported, it does not determine how low the box will play. check out the box specs I left you in my last post.

sundown told me the sealed section should be 2 cuft and it should be a 1 to 3 ratio for the ported side with 120 sqin port section per sub.  I did a 2.5 cuft per sub and did a 1 to 2 ratio. Am i just supposed to do specs for one sub in winisd then double it? 

Their website also state tunning to 32Hz but they also don't give any sealed specs lol. so basically i doubled the cuft for two subs and used listed tunning frequency. also a quick winisd question, i would assume that the "rear chamber" would be the sealed side since you cant change the tunning freq? 

thanks so much for all the advice.

Sundown X work bad in sealed so it is understandable that sundown gives a 3:1 so do it but enclosure will be huge. and the rear chamber at 2 per sub is fine, I just made you something that is not so peaky. My specs that I gave you are per sub bear in mind that.

If you want to enter the volume of the full enclosure you need to define two subs or the model will predict all wrong.

The tuning you must use is not what sundown have in their website, that tuning is for a ported box, as before, the tuning you use should be close to the sealed resonance (that number on the left you can't change), look at the arrow pointing at the said number:

bandpass.png