Under the hood or in the back?

sounds like a wild night eh?

im wondering if i should mount my second battery in the back where the amp and subs are or just leave it under the hood. i have a 2015 chevy tahoe, did the big 3 on the main battery, and next weekend im going to wire up the second battery which will only be powering the amp and subs. should i put it closer to the amp or just leave it under the hood

its an xs power batter and i have a mechman 400a alternator. any advise is greatly appreciate

Put the secondary battery in the back close to the amps makes sense due to lesser electrical resistance of shorter power wires between the battery and the amps. But if you run multiple wire runs to the back you can also lower resistance that way so if you are able and inclined to run two batteries in the front, it is still possible to do.

Also when you are running a lot of current it is recommended to avoid grounding to chassis, it is better to run ground lines directly to the front.