Second Skin Audio

XFL-1222 Box Port Help

I need help with the aero port with the box im designing.

Box specs

19 W

20 L

15 H

Fb 34.57 Hz

Now i am wondering if the aeroport im using is good for it. Im thinking 2 x 3.25" ports 16" long. Is that good for the sub? its a american bass XFL-1222 which im gonna be pushing 1500 Rms (3000 max). I want the ports to be on the front face beside the sub. Let me know if this seems good?

For a 12 of that power you need like two 4" ports, usually mounted on the side of the box so that they fit without turning and do not use the baffle.

To me is better going slot port with about 30 square inches of port area.

6 hours ago, Joe X said:

For a 12 of that power you need like two 4" ports, usually mounted on the side of the box so that they fit without turning and do not use the baffle.

To me is better going slot port with about 30 square inches of port area.

Yea but then isn’t the air velocity too much? I tried that on winisd and it said 55m/s at 35 hz

In a 2.2 net @35 Hz, two 4" round ports ported box (estimated size from your measurements) I get 30.1 m/s @1500W RMS using bassbox pro, for round ports up to about 35 m/s is reasonable, if it was a slot port about 25 m/s is about what you would have.

Take care on how you enter numbers and other calculations.

7 hours ago, Joe X said:

In a 2.2 net @35 Hz, two 4" round ports ported box (estimated size from your measurements) I get 30.1 m/s @1500W RMS using bassbox pro, for round ports up to about 35 m/s is reasonable, if it was a slot port about 25 m/s is about what you would have.

Take care on how you enter numbers and other calculations.

I dont think I can fit 2 x 4 inch ports because of the length. The trunk is an weird space and i need to have the ports and the sub in the front of the box along with the sub. Maybe a 90 degree pipe bend would work in the sub? But I dont know if that is how it works with sub boxs. Im pretty sure if I increase the length of the box (front to back) it will help it but then I have to shrink the width of it and if i do that then the ports will not fit in the front. I have room to work with with the length of the box (front to back) but the measurements for height and width are max but i could shrink them if needed. I will be 3d printing the ports so a bend is available, i just dont know if it is efficiant/will work for sub boxes. I tried calculating my air velocity of bbp6 but for some reason it crashes when i input W for the air velocity so i cant get a graph of it.  Here are screen shots of it, lmk if you have an idea in what i should do.

image.png.537273b3d1c18ff940d9e624efe13b58.pngimage.png.5c8f459cd45776ebf764bbae8b590e5c.pngimage.png.506093d27c7e2e41db56ee6d969ded49.pngimage.png.2769401382c91f842239ef57ec7f7cd2.png

You need a port diameter clearance to the back wall for those ports, I would just do a slot port 30 square inches of port area instead of 3D printing some bent ports but whatever.

To get the airspeed enter the power but DO NOT press enter, instead click on the plot and it will be updated.  Since this software is no longer being updated that bug will stay there forever.