Second Skin Audio

08 acura rl custom box help needed.

Hi everyone.  New to this forum and know this is where I should be. So I have a 08 acura rl and have started to mock up my box. I need to know if it will work and what I might need to change for it to be proper.  I want to run either 2 kicker comp q 15's or 2 kicker comp r 15's. Love to get down into the low 30's frequency range. I listen to mostly hip hop and rap with some r&b also. I currently have a jp95 running my interior speakers and plan to run the 5th channel at 1 ohm. Says it will do 1k rms. Have seen test where it does more but calling it 1k to be safe. This is what I have come up with so far. Plan to run a aero port thru the top rear on the left side as that is where my factory sub was before I removed it. Wanna run the port up into that location to get the most sound inside.  

17140057914914409293349619963318.jpg

20240422_135244.jpg

20240422_135250.jpg

20240422_135240.jpg

Those are  specified to work in 3 to 5 cubic feet net INTERNAL each, say, we pick 4 cubes for each as kicker subs prefer larger boxes and you would need 8 net, you don't have that.

You are calculating external volume, net internal volume is the airspace inside the box, the space occupied by the sub, the port and the wood doesn't count.

You will only be able to properly fit 1 sub of those. but it would be louder to use 2 12s that would need 4 to 5 cubic feet net internal that you should have.

You can easily run kicker 12s which like 2.25-2.5 cubic feet each, You likely don't have 8 cubic feet net, most trunk cars don't have that much.

There are some 15s that will run in lesser airspace. like DC Audio brand which will need 3 cubic feet each but very few 15 subs will run great below that.

When you have space limitations you alternative is more power and subs that can handle the power to get loud in smaller boxes, there are subs that can handle many thousands of watts of power each.

Ok. 2 12's it is then. Yea I can make the box a little bit bigger. I just didn't wanna get to close to where I have the amp mounted. I can actually make it about 6 to 8 inches deeper but that will only leave me about a inch away from the face of the amp and I really don't wanna be that close to it.