MacCollins Posted August 6, 2024 Report Posted August 6, 2024 I have a 2021 Acura TLX with the 17 speaker ELS audio system which I think is incredible, the only thing I think it’s missing is a little bit of low frequency’s as I listen to a good bit of rap. My goal is to make a sub system that’s high quality without having to run a single wire through the interior of the car. The TLX has the battery in the trunk, as well as small subwoofers in the roof of the trunk. I plan to tap into those signals and run it through a LOC to a Kicker KX amp. The only reason I chose this amp is due to the wireless remote bass knob, which would prevent me from having to run a wire through the interior of the car. For the Sub I wanted something small and high quality so I was thinking of getting the B2 Audio Rampage 8” and building a box for it myself. If anyone has any advice, issues, or just general thoughts on my plan I’d love to hear them. TIA
Joe X Posted August 7, 2024 Report Posted August 7, 2024 You will have to run power line to the amp, if you are going to run 1000W you will need a 4AWG wire, also consider a 10" sub, box size is almost the same size but a 10" is louder than an 8" on the same power. 8" subs exist to be placed in underseat enclosures in trucks because 10s wont fit firing forward.
MacCollins Posted August 7, 2024 Author Report Posted August 7, 2024 I know about the power line. But the battery is already in the trunk where I will do the install, so no wires will have to run through the actual car.
Joe X Posted August 8, 2024 Report Posted August 8, 2024 Still the stock connection between your battery and the alternator should be upgraded as a part of a big 3 upgrade. Also try to tap into a signal that carries the sum of the left and right channels or a LOC that will mix left and right for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.