Jump to content

RF T2500 not powering on, too low volts from LOC, can someone help please?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I could really use some help with this issue if anyone else has had something similar. I have a 2021 Toyota Corolla w/o JBL upgrade. Stock Head unit, DD Audio SC2 LOC, Rockford Fosgate T2500 and two JL w7 12’s. I also replaced the door speakers with DD Door speakers. I had a set of RF T0 12’s w/ DD M2000 and an Axxess LOC that worked fine. I upgraded the amp and subs and the RF T2500 needs 8v-15v to power on. I have hooked up the SC2 every way you can hook it up (Signal Sense mode and DC Offset) but am only getting 6.5v out the Remote Out terminal. The Axxess LOC did the exact same readings and wouldn’t turn the amp on. I jumped straight to positive power wire and the amp powered up, so I T-Tapped an accessory wire to the SC2 and have 13.8-14.4v Remote In to the SC2 and Remote Out still get 6.5v. Now the speaker wires in my back doors are what I tapped into for the LOC speaker inputs and those read 6.5v DC so for some reason it’s passin the speaker wires voltage to the remote out wire on both LOC’s I’ve tried. So I then removed the RCA’s from the amp and also removed the remote in wire from the LOC and connected the remote in wire directly to the amp started the car and the amp fired up again, music was playing on the radio and WITHOUT RCA’s the subs started hitting hard with all of the amps settings at factory levels out of the box which are all set to minimum. Does anyone have any clue WTF could be going on here? I got ahold of DD and they sent me to my local guy I always go to but he’s on vacation for the week and I’ve never dealt with this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

 

RF T2500 Manual.pdf

sc2ch-sc4ch-sc6ch-manual-2020-v1.pdf

IMG_6462.thumb.jpeg.fdf5b9caf2958f84478bd2a31d88c1bc.jpegIMG_6461.thumb.jpeg.b661c616d8838bc49af1d1638dc0b8f8.jpegIMG_6453.thumb.jpeg.81a4015e58a96b2cca09d65d4beb6ed7.jpegIMG_6452.thumb.jpeg.cf1b4d5eb336a35400e70d9d940c1d97.jpeg

Posted

"music was playing on the radio and WITHOUT RCA’s"

 

If you mean that the amp was playing music without the RCAs connected then your car is possessed most definitely, you could start throwing some holy water around and see what happens, if the amp keeps playing like that then you are in big trouble.

Posted

The amp was on, powering the subs and it was coming through loud and clear and when I plugged the rcas in from the LOC to the amp the speakers went silent. It’s so strange, I’m not sure if it’s a short or wtf is going on but I can’t get it to work no matter what I do. I’m at a complete and utter loss

Posted

Your power cables into the loc are of the same color and your speaker cables as well, that usually lead to disastrous results. Get some help from a professional installer.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1046 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...