Rosita_F250 Posted October 17, 2024 Report Posted October 17, 2024 So I have a 2014 F 250 and im running 4 Taramps smart5bass 5000's on 8 SKAR vxf-12-2's @ .5 ohm. All are double 2/0 strapped to the fuse blocks. I have 4-4/0 b+ and b- going to my battery location. Each amp will pull 460 amps max (which is where it will be). I'm working on adding a duel alt set up with just 1 400 amp alt. I currently have the Big 3 upgrade done to the factory alt. My second alt is going to be for charging aux batteries only ( although aux batteries share same ground path as truck ). I will have 2/0 b+ and b- from aux alt to battery area, and a 2/0 b- going to the frame/body. So my question is what kind of battery bank should I use/build and should I use a Ultra Cap as well? 460 amps × 4 = 1840 amps - 400 (alt) = 1440 ah's or 5000w rms ÷ 14.4v = 347 amps × 4 = 1388 amps - 400 alt = 988 ah's still needed. Correct?
crispy_chick3n Posted October 20, 2024 Report Posted October 20, 2024 looks like you are in the ballpark, depending on battery chemistry that is. its always best to overbuild the electrical system. if you are going dual alt, why not throw a pair of high outputs on it instead of leave the factory. a pair of 400s with a fat lithium bank and you wont have to worry about voltage drop. buildidng it on the edge of usable will leave you having to turn it down/ off every so often to allow the batteries to recharge. TLDR: more alternator = longer play time / less battery required This page is crispy_chick3n approved. © crispy_chick3n inc
Rosita_F250 Posted October 21, 2024 Author Report Posted October 21, 2024 I probably will do that, but im still unsure of my battery situation. Should I build a bank with a bunch of small cells or go with 4 - 280 ah batteries? And if 4/280's then what kind? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.