scottatl Posted December 6, 2024 Report Posted December 6, 2024 I have a ground loop issue. I may try and changing the alternator, but on my car that is a PITA and I am not sure if it is what is creating the issue. I have tried ground loop isolators and they are not adequate. I would not mind using a second battery, but since that is connected to the same system, I am not sure if that would help either. Is there a way to use a second battery and isolate it from the alternator? - Pioneer dmh-wt7600nex - Rockford Fosgate T400-4
Joe X Posted December 6, 2024 Report Posted December 6, 2024 Yes you can, it's a high current relay that you can engage or disengage with a manual switch. It is a terrible way to deal with a ground loop issue.
scottatl Posted December 8, 2024 Author Report Posted December 8, 2024 i know it is not a great way but I have spent maybe 60 hours trying to fix it and I cant find it.
Joe X Posted December 9, 2024 Report Posted December 9, 2024 If you go for that solution you may have to isolate the head unit and other audio components that you may have as well, all wiring power and signal should be isolated. Many times one of these components will be responsible for the issue. Knowing that you have a pioneer head unit, the PICOFUSE issue comes to mind, I don't know if pioneer found a better solution for that but there is a way to test with a multimeter, if the negative power terminal of the head unit and the negative of the RCA output terminals do not read a ZERO (0) you have blown the internal picofuse, that causes terrible and uncontrollable noise. Each and every ground loop issue can be solved as long as you go through each and every known test, also it is not worth to buy anything to fix it unless you have a known proven cause. If you still want to go for battery isloation get a battery isolation that can be setup for manual use as these solutions normally connect your rear battery as long as the car is on and that is not what you want to do.
scottatl Posted December 11, 2024 Author Report Posted December 11, 2024 You are right, this plan is not a good one. I am going to have to keep looking.........
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.