Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi. I have a Pioneer GM-D8704 amp. If I set the high pass filter at 80 hz will it also cut low frequencies going to the subwoofer via the separate subwoofer rca output or will it only cut low frequencies going to the speakers?

Posted

Hi. I have a Pioneer GM-D8704 amp. If I set the high pass filter to 80 hz will it also cut low frequencies going to the subwoofer via the RCA output or will it only cut low frequencies going to the speakers,

Posted

A high pass filter will pass HIGHS not lows, set the switch to LPF and it will work as expected.

 

Drive a sub from a 4 channel mids/highs amp is not a great idea, there is no subsonic filter included which helps save energy and protects the sub.

 

Also make sure your sub is wired to 4 ohm which is the minimum stable for bridged mode with that amp, otherwise the amp may get damaged.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 767 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...