All_Ears_On_Me Posted January 26, 2025 Report Posted January 26, 2025 I recently purchased and installed the DD Audio BSI and it has LP/HP but so does my amplifier, how do I defeat or turn off the LP/HP on my amp, LP all the way clockwise and HP counter clockwise ?
Joe X Posted January 27, 2025 Report Posted January 27, 2025 You can do as you say or you may defeat the controls on the amp and use these, I mean they are already paid for so you might as well give them some use.
All_Ears_On_Me Posted January 27, 2025 Author Report Posted January 27, 2025 Not sure what you mean but I just set them by ear, couldn't bypass the crossovers on the amp or BSI. I had to utilize both, giving me roughly 48 db octave either way. I'm learning the car audio world is split, 50% say this way is correct and 50% say the other way is correct. Then you have the old head no budget car audio guys being bully's for the people just get into car audio. This one guy charged me $50 to design a box for me, 4 subwoofers and another box for 2 subwoofers at $40....
Joe X Posted January 28, 2025 Report Posted January 28, 2025 The crossovers won't interact with each other if you set them like you suggested, one set to min and max and the other one that you will be using to the frequencies you choose. As far as forums go this use to be nice enough to be jokingly referred as sparta, but now after a massive exodus we are no doubt one of the nicer places to be specially if you are new.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.