Malandrin4o8 Posted March 2, 2025 Report Posted March 2, 2025 I was wondering if a 1.1:1 6th c pillar wall would sound good in a 2003 Yukon with 2 18s powered by a taramps md8000. I will post a picture of specs.
Joe X Posted March 3, 2025 Report Posted March 3, 2025 What subs are you using and where did you get those box specs? Generally speaking c pillar walls are weaker than their b pillar counterparts.
Malandrin4o8 Posted March 3, 2025 Author Report Posted March 3, 2025 They are 18” Adire Audio KH3001. I found some premade box designs online from ituneboxdesigns. It’s not a spl vehicle. Just my daily driver. Not sure if a regular sub up port back design would work best
Joe X Posted March 3, 2025 Report Posted March 3, 2025 They do not list t/s parameters for those subs, all they list is box specs: Overall Diameter 18.50″ Cutout Diameter 16.75″ Mounting Depth 12.25″ Driver Displacement .26 ft^3 Sealed Enclosure 3-6 ft^3 Net Ported Enclosure 6-8 ft^3 Net Without parameters can't tell you what's best for those subs, all I can tell you that a bandpass would be a really big box. As for ported only a generic design could be produced as parameters are necessary to estimate port area and while generally tuning is a matter of preference sometimes driver behavior is a factor, that is why generic designs can often miss what is best for a driver, Sealed is pretty straightforward, I would just avoid going below 4 cubic feet per driver.
Malandrin4o8 Posted March 4, 2025 Author Report Posted March 4, 2025 I have the parameters that I I saved from when I got them years ago.
Joe X Posted March 4, 2025 Report Posted March 4, 2025 With an Sd (effective radiating area) of 481.69 square centimeters, those parameters belong to a 12" sub not your 18s
Malandrin4o8 Posted March 5, 2025 Author Report Posted March 5, 2025 I might have posted the wrong one. I had other subs from them and deleted the specs. I will try to email them hopefully they can give me them. Box I had on them before was 9.49ft3, tuned to 27.31hz with 135in2 port area. It sounded ok but I definitely feel like it was tuned too low and too small volume.
Joe X Posted March 7, 2025 Report Posted March 7, 2025 If you can't get them you can always measure the parameters if you can put money and time on it. Probably not worth it to everyone since they give box specs, you can just experiment a bit to get what you want.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.