Chris805 Posted January 7 Report Posted January 7 Hello everyone im running stinger amplifiers I recently added some amp feet and a couple brushless turbo style fans to keep sub amp cool. Initial install went well and amp no longer overheats. After a few weeks went by I noticed some noise when vol at zero with car off there was a wine. I disconnect all the rcas from headunit and to my shock noise was still there. The only thing that stops the noise was either disconnecting all rcas from the amps or shutting down the amps. I wired fan - to amp ground and + to remote wire. Is there a simple way to fix this issue. I tried moving fan - directly to battery negative post or frame ground but noise was still there. Appreciate all the info and advice. Quote
crispy_chick3n Posted January 9 Report Posted January 9 run a dedicated circuit for the fans to isolate them from your stereo. you can still use the remote wire to turn them on, but you will want to run a relay to give proper power to the fans. it could also be interference from the motors of the fans. as they spin, they create a magnetic field, and if the fan is close enough to RCAs that don't have the best shielding it could be introducing noise into the signal. 2 Quote This page is crispy_chick3n approved. © crispy_chick3n inc
Loudsinglecab Posted January 9 Report Posted January 9 On 1/6/2026 at 8:49 PM, Chris805 said: Hello everyone im running stinger amplifiers I recently added some amp feet and a couple brushless turbo style fans to keep sub amp cool. Initial install went well and amp no longer overheats. After a few weeks went by I noticed some noise when vol at zero with car off there was a wine. I disconnect all the rcas from headunit and to my shock noise was still there. The only thing that stops the noise was either disconnecting all rcas from the amps or shutting down the amps. I wired fan - to amp ground and + to remote wire. Is there a simple way to fix this issue. I tried moving fan - directly to battery negative post or frame ground but noise was still there. Appreciate all the info and advice. Google ferrite beads they are amazing 1 Quote
Chris805 Posted January 14 Author Report Posted January 14 Thanks for the tips. I have beads already for my sniper efi. Do I put the beads on rca cables or on the fan wires 1 Quote
Loudsinglecab Posted January 14 Report Posted January 14 I would start with the fan wires wrap your ground 3 to 4 times to see if that helps then move on to RCA's.. Just do one step at a time so you know what fixed it, keep us posted bro.. Quote
Chris805 Posted January 21 Author Report Posted January 21 Will update. As of now fans are disconnected. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.