Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everyone im running stinger amplifiers I recently added some amp feet and a couple brushless turbo style fans to keep sub amp cool. Initial install went well and amp no longer overheats. After a few weeks went by I noticed some noise when vol at zero with car off there was a wine. I disconnect all the rcas from headunit and to my shock noise was still there. The only thing that stops the noise was either disconnecting all rcas from the amps or shutting down the amps. I wired fan - to amp ground and + to remote wire. Is there a simple way to fix this issue. I tried moving fan - directly to battery negative post or frame ground but noise was still there. Appreciate all the info and advice.

Posted

run a dedicated circuit for the fans to isolate them from your stereo. you can still use the remote wire to turn them on, but you will want to run a relay to give proper power to the fans. it could also be interference from the motors of the fans. as they spin, they create a magnetic field, and if the fan is close enough to RCAs that don't have the best shielding it could be introducing noise into the signal.

  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Posted
On 1/6/2026 at 8:49 PM, Chris805 said:

Hello everyone im running stinger amplifiers I recently added some amp feet and a couple brushless turbo style fans to keep sub amp cool. Initial install went well and amp no longer overheats. After a few weeks went by I noticed some noise when vol at zero with car off there was a wine. I disconnect all the rcas from headunit and to my shock noise was still there. The only thing that stops the noise was either disconnecting all rcas from the amps or shutting down the amps. I wired fan - to amp ground and + to remote wire. Is there a simple way to fix this issue. I tried moving fan - directly to battery negative post or frame ground but noise was still there. Appreciate all the info and advice.

Google ferrite beads they are amazing

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1
Posted

I would start with the fan wires wrap your ground 3 to 4 times to see if that helps then move on to RCA's..
Just do one step at a time so you know what fixed it, keep us posted bro..

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3124 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...