ok i have had enough with my computer i'm tired of all the shit its been givin me so i was just goin to restore it but this computer doesn't come wit a restore disk or anything it's built in... and everytime i click on VAIO Recovery Wizard to start the process it says "VAIO Recovery Wizard cannot find the recovery partition Restart your computer" well i restarted my computer and i still get it... i'm doin this through safe mode cuz thats the only way i can get my computer to run somewat decent so how do i go about restoring my computer if the recovery partition can't be found???

the computer is a Sony VAIO PCV-V300G

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

start the computer and hold f10 it should bring you directly to the recovery partition if its not there youll have to call sony and get a disk from them.

thank you very much accordman i new you would be the one to help me

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

ok well i held f10 on start up and it initiated the recovery process but then it goes to a solid black screen and the only thing on in is a flashing underscore line _ i just thought it was the program runnin but i when i woke up it was still like that so how do i go bout gettin the cd?

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

his model doesnt come with a disk call 18004sonypc tell them you need a recovery media kit. its between 14 snd 25 dollars if they dont have it i can point you to somewhere that does since i dnt work for them anymore

Do you have all of the cd's that came with the computer.

1. Drivers CD

2. Re installation CD for Windows

If you have those you can reformat your computer.

Put the windows cd in your disk drive. Restart your computer, right when your computer turns on hit F12 (they key to bring you into your bios). Go to your boot options, highlight boot from d:/ (your disk drive). then save all changes and exit out of the bios menu. It will bring you to a windows setup, follow the menus. When it asks you about partitions delete all partitions (keep in mind doing this will wipe everything off your hard drive meaning you will loose all of your data, backup everything you dont want to loose). After you delete the partitions and make a new partition, a fresh copy of windows will start installing. This process can take a few hours to complete. After windows has finished installing, your computer will restart and it will ask you to insert the Drivers disk, install all of your drivers and restart your computer.

When you reformat your computer will be like it was when you first bought it. REMEMBER back-up all files you dont want to loose before reformatting!!!!!