Sundown Audio

Speaker Wiring With My Amp

Nate197

I know that having bigger gauge power wire is harder on my amp but, is bigger speaker wire harder on my amp. I was thinking that it would not be hard since the power is coming out of the amp and not into it.

Bigger wire = less resistance...

But this doesn't really affect 'stress' on the amp. All it means is you get slightly more voltage to whatever you're powering, be it the speaker powered by the amp or the amp powered by the car.

The only 'stress' it would change would be minutely changing the resistance across the output so the amp would flow more current, but it's a raindrop compared to the lake of variable resistance caused by box impedance rise and inductance in your speaker.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Bigger wire = less resistance...

But this doesn't really affect 'stress' on the amp. All it means is you get slightly more voltage to whatever you're powering, be it the speaker powered by the amp or the amp powered by the car.

The only 'stress' it would change would be minutely changing the resistance across the output so the amp would flow more current, but it's a raindrop compared to the lake of variable resistance caused by box impedance rise and inductance in your speaker.

'b m '

smdsig2.jpg

Archived